KidSport Regional Pools Pilot Program
DLGSC is partnering with targeted local governments to deliver the State Government’s KidSport Regional Pools Pilot Program.
The program seeks to increase physical activity and water awareness of children aged 5 to18 years by subsidising the cost of access to community pools in target regional areas
Eligible children can access funding equivalent to the cost of a seasonal pass for pool entry at an approved regional community pool.
- Gascoyne — Shire of Carnarvon, Shire of Exmouth.
- Mid West — Shire of Coorow, Shire of Morawa.
- Wheatbelt — Shire of Merredin, Shire of Moora, Shire of Narrogin, Shire of Northam, Shire of Quairading.
- Great Southern — City of Albany, Shire of Gnowangerup, Shire of Jerramungup, Shire of Katanning, Shire of Kojonup, Shire of Plantagenet.
Is my child eligible?
To be eligible the child must be:
- attending an approved regional community pool for the season; and
- aged 5 to 18 years inclusive at the time of application; and
- residing in Western Australia; and
- named on a valid Services Australia Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, with the child’s unique Customer Reference Number (CRN) visible.
To support ongoing participation in community sport, eligible children may access this subsidy in addition to the existing KidSport voucher program. Application and assessment for this subsidy is independent of any KidSport Voucher applications. Apply for the existing KidSport voucher program.
How to apply
Download an application form and head into the Shire of Quairading reception (10 Jennaberring Rd) and our friendly staff will process your application.